The Natural Bedding Company has been hand making mattresses and timber furniture for over 30 years. The Natural Bedding Company offers to the original purchaser, a guarantee to replace or repair the product against faulty workmanship or materials for the period stated on our “Taking Care” instructions (see below). These are also included with the mattress on purchase/delivery.
The customer needs to provide proof of their original purchase with an original purchase receipt.
In order to make a claim, the customer must notify us of the fault within 30 days after it has appeared. You will need to provide us with full name and address, details of the fault, and original proof of purchase receipt.
Notification of the fault can be made either by phone on 02 9569 4834, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or post to The Natural Bedding Company, 122 Percival Rd Stanmore NSW 2048.
Mattresses and Bases
The Natural Bedding Company guarantee covers the following:
1. Manufacturing defect
2. Material defect
The Natural Bedding Company guarantee does not cover the following:
1. Body imprint in mattress. A body imprint of up to 30mm is considered normal and not a defect. An imprint can occur as the mattress conforms to the body and provides cushioning.
2. Mould. To prevent mould from occurring on covers and padding materials, it is the customer’s responsibility to turn the mattress over regularly (at least once a month or more depending on dampness of the room and airflow under the bed frame) & ensure adequate aeration. We recommend open slatted bed bases such as a Natural Bedding Co bed frame.
3. Picking up/ collecting or delivering any guaranteed goods. Charges will apply for this service as per consumer law.
4. A mattress or base that is found by NBC to be in a stained or unsanitary condition
5. A mattress or base that is not to your liking such as being too firm or too soft
6. Normal wear & tear
7. Damage caused by mishandling
8. Base damage caused by fittings not having been kept sufficiently tight
9. Posture slats concaving over time. We recommend regular replacement of posture slats.
10. Mattress damage caused by one or more of the following:
- defective metal or timber slats
- a base that does not provide adequate support in the centre
- where slats are more than 10cm apart
- where the base does not provide a flat even support
11. Use of the mattress or base for anything other than what it is intended
- Wool & Latex Overlay (5 YEAR GUARANTEE)
These mattresses will pack down over time. If a body imprint is left in the mattress, roll it up each day until the cotton/wool has packed down evenly. Turn mattress over regularly eg. when you change your bed linen (once a week to once a month depending on dampness and bed frame aeration). Air in direct sunlight regularly to remove dampness. Mattress needs to be on an open, slatted base with adequate air flow. 5 year guarantee
- Wool & Coir Cot & Bassinet (5 YEAR GUARANTEE)
Turn mattress over regularly eg. when you change your bedlinen (once a week to once a month depending on dampness and bed frame aeration). Air in direct sunlight as necessary ie. if mattress feels damp or needs "fluffing up". Mattress needs to be on an open slatted base for air flow. Do not roll this mattress. 5 year guarantee
- Deluxe; Dreamer; Latex & Hemp; Cloud 9; Cloud 7; Sovereign Rest; Supreme (10 YEAR GUARANTEE)
Turn mattress over regularly (e.g. once a month at least or more if the room is damp or the bed frame does not have adequate aeration). The top of these mattresses are self-airing, however it is necessary to turn regularly so the bottom of the mattress gets aired. If they feel damp, turn, if they feel extremely damp, airing in front of a direct head source is advised. Mattress needs to be on an open slatted base to allow adequate air flow. Do not roll this mattress.
Have a look at our video on two easy ways to turn your mattress:
What if my mattress has Mould
Do not unzip the shell or cut ties. If mattress becomes soiled or moldy, use a small amount of hydrogen peroxide (or isopropyl alcohol in water, or vinegar, or clove oil) and gently rub the area & surrounds in a circular motion. Wipe and then dry thoroughly in the sun or with a direct heat source. Treat any surface that was in contact with the mould to prevent re-occurence. Vacuum or wet mop the floor adding vinegar or clove oil or eucalyptus oil to the mop water.
If mattress becomes wet, air immediately in direct sunlight or dry with a hairdryer. Any form of dampness or mould, clean and dry immediately. Mattresses need to be on a slatted base for adequate air flow.
To help prevent the problem re-occuring, consider increasing ventilation and/or airflow in the room & under the bed.
Bases provide the necessary support and aeration for your mattress. This will assist in increased longevity and comfort for the sleeper. Your choice of base can impact the mattress.
Natural Bedding Company mattresses can be used on a suitable open slat base. The slats should be maximum 10cm and minimum 5cm apart for adequate aeration and support. Posture slats can concave over time and so should be replaced regularly to maintain support.
A stain/oil is needed to decrease the likelihood of denting and marking of the base.
All Natural Bedding Co. bases have a 10 YEAR GUARANTEE